If you would like to make an application please send us:
1. An introductory letter on your organisation’s letterhead. Use this letter to introduce your work, set your work in context or provide us with information that does not sit comfortably elsewhere.
2. A completed organisation details sheet. Download the NWYPDT Organisation Details Sheet here (Microsoft Word Document).
3. Your answers to these seven questions, on no more than three sides of A4. Please try to answer them individually, using the questions as headings for your responses:
- Please tell us about the work you do.
- What practical difference will our funding make to the young people you work with?
- How much funding are you applying for?
- Tell us something about the young people you work with and the challenges they are currently facing.
- What other funding do you receive (one off grants or longer term funding)?
- How do you ensure that the young people that you work with come to no harm?
- How do you make sure that your financial resources are managed appropriately?
Your answers to these questions, and your introductory letter, help us to understand your organisation and how you work with young people.
4. A copy of your most recent annual accounts and annual report if you produce one. If your organisation is too new to have annual accounts please explain and evidence your current financial position. If you have accounts we do need to see them at this stage. Please don’t send any other supporting documents.
5. Confirmation by the Trustees / Senior Manager(s) of your organisation of the details of the bank account which you wish to have your grant paid into and a copy of a recent bank statement to confirm these details. Please note that grants can only be paid directly into an account in the name of the applying organisation and not into a personal bank account.
6. A copy of your safeguarding policy
Guidance on completing the organisation details sheet
Please answer all the questions – if anything doesn’t apply to you please write ‘NA’ (not applicable) in the space rather than leaving it blank.
Legal name/working name: we need to know your organisation’s legal name – the name which is set out in your governing document and which matches the name on your annual accounts and bank statements. If your organisation has a working name – a name you are more commonly known by – please tell us this as well.
Charity number: if you are a charity please give your charity number here (but we don’t need your company number or CIC number if you aren’t a charity). Remember that you don’t have to be a registered charity to receive funding from NWYPDT; we can also make grants to other organisations as long as the grant is used for charitable purposes.
Trustees: tell us here about the group of people governing your organisation. If you are not a charity please tell us about your board of directors, management committee, executive committee etc.
Free reserves: any unrestricted funds you hold (funding which is not committed or designated and not tied up in fixed assets such as a building or equipment).
New organisations with no accounts: you will not be able to complete the sections asking for figures from your latest annual accounts. Please send us a photocopy of a recent bank statement.
Signature of Chair, Vice Chair or Treasurer: the organisation details sheet must be signed by one of these people, even if it has been completed by a member of staff. A paid employee shouldn’t sign this sheet, even if they are also an officer of the management committee.
Requests for further information
We will aim to make the decision process as streamlined as possible but as we expect demand to be high we may need to request additional to help in the decision process and information to establish how best NWYPDT could support your organisation and its work. If required, such a second stage assessment process will usually involve a detailed telephone conversation, a presentation to trustees or sometimes a visit.